NDSM is located on the banks of the river IJ, only 15 minutes away from Amsterdam Central Station by ferry.
Bike Route from Central Station NDSM (after midnight)
If the NDSM-ferry or Houthaven-ferry have stopped (they run until midnight), you can use the Buiksloterweg-ferry 24/24. It departs every 10 minutes from Central Station (de Ruijterkade) to the Buiksloterweg 24 hours a day . Click here for the time table.
Cycle route from the ferry to the Buiksloterweg:
- Once you leave the ferry go to the left before the Pont Cafe.
- Cross the bridge, follow the road along the EYE Film Institute. Then turn right on Bercylaan.
- From the Bercylaan take the first left (Sausalitolaan).
- After about 400 meters (yards), turn right onto the Grasweg.
- From the Grasweg, take the first left again (Asterweg).
- At the end of the Asterweg, after about 600 meters (yards), cross the intersection diagonally direction right keeping the gym ´the Basic Fit´ on your right hand side and continue straight-on on Ridderspoorweg and cross the bridge.
- At the traffic lights, turn left onto the Klaprozenweg (S118).
- After about 900 meters on the Klaprozenweg, cross a bridge again, turn left at the Ms. Van Riemsdijkweg
- You are now at the NDSM-Wharf.
PUBLIC TRANSPORT – Free ferry
There are 2 free ferry ferries to and from the NDSM
- NDSM ferry (Central Station to NDSM and vice versa), takes about 14 minutes. At peak every 15 mins, outside every 30 mins. From Amsterdam Central Station, walk to the Ruyterkade at the back of the station to the river IJ. Take the leftmost ferry to the NDSM. Click here for the time table.
- Houthaven ferry (Tasmanstraat to NDSM and vice versa), takes about 6 mins. The ferry departs from the ferry terminal at the Tasmanstraat. Click here for the time table.
These ferries are free for pedestrians, bikes or scooters and microcars.
PUBLIC TRANSPORT – Buses
- Bus 91 stop Klaprozenweg (Amsterdam CS -> Zaandam / Zaanse Schans), 4 mins walk to the NDSM-Wharf.
- Bus 94 stop Klaprozenweg (Amsterdam CS -> Zaandam CS), 4 mins walk to the NDSM-Wharf.
- Bus 35 stop Ataturk (Amsterdam CS> Molenwijk, Amsterdam North), 4 mins walk to the NDSM-Wharf.
- Bus 105 stop NDSM-pier (Amsterdam North -> Purmerend), 3 mins walk to the NDSM-Wharf.
- Bus 109 stop NDSM-pier (Amsterdam North -> Purmerend), 3 mins walk to the NDSM-Wharf.
- Bus 391 (industrial heritage lijn) stop Klaprozenweg (Amsterdam CS –> Zaanse Schans), 4 mins walk to the NDSM-Wharf
- From The Hague / Rotterdam (A4)
- Follow A4 towards Amsterdam;
- Follow signs to Leiden/Amsterdam and merge onto A4/E19;
- 3. Take the exit at junction De Nieuwe Meer to A10/E22- direction Ring Amsterdam (west) / Zaanstad / Leeuwarden. Continue on the A10 Ring West; Note trajectory (speed limit);
- On the A10, enter the Coen Tunnel, stay in right lane, directly out of the tunnel take the first right to Industrieterrein Noord-s118- Tuindorp Oostzaan;
- At the end of the exit turn right at the traffic lights direction Verlengde Stellingweg/s118;
- Take the first right to Molenaarsweg/s118;
- Passed the BP gas station, take the 2nd exit on the roundabout with the large NDSM-Werf sign (= straight-on);
- You will enter another roundabout, here the first exit (turn right);
- At the first crossroad you turn right. Then you go straight on until the crossroad with the shop ‘Wurth’ on your left hand. There you will turn right.
- You are now at the NDSM-wharf.
- from Utrecht (A2)
- Follow the A2 direction Amsterdam, A10;
- Take exit at junction Knooppunt Amstel-Zaanstad to the A10 Ring Amsterdam, RAI direction Zaandam and Den Haag;
- Keep the left lane on the exit A10/E35- Ring Amsterdam Zuid / Den Haag exits s101 to s109, RAI;
- Merge onto A10 direction Den Haag / Zaanstad and continue on the A10;
- At the junction de Nieuwe Meer, bear right and take exit A10 Ring Amsterdam West / Zaanstad
- Proceed with point *3 with A above.
- from Amersfoort (A1)
- From the A1 keep left lane at junction Watergraafsmeer A10 Ring Amsterdam Noord / exits t s114 / s118 m / Zaanstad / Purmerend;
- Merge onto the A10 Ring Amsterdam Noord;
- Take exit Verlengde Stellingweg/s118 Oostzanerwerf/Tuindorp Oostzaan;
- Down at the exit bear left and turn left onto S118, Noord, Tuindorp Oostzaan, pass under the viaduct. Continue the Verlengde Stellingweg;
- Proceed with point *6 with A above.